November 7, 2016
RIFT.ware 4.3.3. Further Simplifies NFV Onboarding across Multi-Site Deployments and Enhances Multi-VIM Support
BURLINGTON, MA. Nov. 7, 2016 – RIFT.io, the open source network service orchestration experts, today announced the general availability of its RIFT.ware platform (v.4.3.3), which has the distinction of being the industry’s first commercial distribution of Release ONE code of Open Source MANO that ETSI introduced last month.
RIFT.io is a founding member of the OSM project and contributed significant code, including network service orchestration, graphical user interface, and automation tools. The availability of RIFT.ware 4.3.3 as a commercially available solution was designed to accelerate market adoption of OSM and NFV through advanced, carrier-grade features that simplifies the onboarding and management of virtual network functions (VNFs) across one or more service provider data centers. Highlighted features and functionality include:
- New auto-scaler framework to make it even easier for VNF suppliers and operators to create scalable network services. This framework scales network services to meet unpredictable demand, even if the VNF itself does not support auto-scaling,
- Enhanced multi-site support for network services that span across multiple data centers and clouds,
- Multiple options for Day 0/1/2 provisioning of VNFs through Juju Charms and CloudInit,
- Ability to support multiple disks and disk formats including persistent storage,
- New virtual infrastructure manager (VIM) support for Brocade Vyatta Network OS,
- Support for OpenStack Mitaka release, the thirteenth release of this open-source software.
RIFT.io also announced today the availability of an online VNF Descriptor Package Generator. This advanced tool will guide users though an automated VNF on-boarding process via a user interface for both RIFT.ware and OSM users. The VNF Descriptor Package Generator leverages RIFT.io’s extensive VNF on-boarding experience to help customers accelerate their NFV deployments, without having to modify their VNFs, toward a path to a highly distributed, cloud-scale architecture.
These RIFT.ware advancements help RIFT.io further deliver on its mission to accelerate next-generation networking architectures including SDN and NFV. The design principles behind RIFT.ware are to make it an open, simple, automated, and cloud-scale platform to simplify the management and orchestration of virtual network services using the agility of open-source innovation. RIFT.ware is currently in trials with tier-one providers across the globe looking to modernize and automate their network infrastructure for next-generation mobile technology standards including 5G.
RIFT.io also maintains a vibrant ecosystem of industry partners through its RIFT.ready Partner Program including network services vendors at various stages of application and VNF product development and delivery. RIFT.ware provides these companies a phased approach to create a roadmap for virtualizing, automating, and scaling their network functions and applications.
“Cloud service providers today have no clear way to deploy end-to-end, multi-vendor, NFV services while network function builders lack a standard platform for delivering their VNFs,” said Tony Schoener, CEO of RIFT.io]. “RIFT.ware 4.3.3 is a comprehensive, commercially available open-source MANO solution that eliminates the burden on operators who are working to stitch together multiple network functions using multiple proprietary or even open-source platforms. Our goal is to reduce the OSS integration complexity and provide automated onboarding tools for new network functions and services. These tools reduce time and cost for operators while giving network function builders more incentive to invest in delivering new VNFs.”
- RIFT.io blog https://www.riftio.com/blog/
- Online: Track the latest news and product information on our website riftio.com and our Intel Network Builders page, https://networkbuilders.intel.com/ecosystem/rift.io
- Social: Stay engaged with RIFT.io and NFV topics by following RIFT.io on Twitter and Facebook.
RIFT.io provides the open source standard platform for the construction and automated deployment of scalable, virtualized network services. RIFT.io technology and services empower enterprises to successfully deploy virtualized network services on private and hybrid cloud, and accelerate service providers’ efforts to deploy NFV-enabled virtualized networks. Any network application built with RIFT.io technology can intelligently take advantage of any cloud’s unique capabilities and operate at any scale. RIFT.io is a privately held, global company with office in the United States and India. For more information about RIFT.io, visit https://riftio.com/. Follow us at @RIFT_io.